Step-by-step Guide: How to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 Build 14393.10 on MeeGoPad by Marcin Grygiel
First of all, you do not need 16GB (32-bit) or 20GB (64-bit) of free space to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update... only 10GB!
- Download Windows 10 Anniversary Update 32/64-bit disk image (ISO file): Link
- Copy or unpack your ISO to external USB drive, pendrive or Micro SD card.
- Move all your personal files (including images, music, movies, documents, program settings etc)
from MeeGoPad to external USB drive, pendrive, micro SD card, cloud drive, LAN drive etc.
- Reset your Window 10 and remove all personal files, video on YouTube:
Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove Everything -> Remove files and clean the drive
- To change the Windows 10 Language and get upto 19-20GB free space after Windows 10 reset, read my other topic: here
- Insert external USB drive, pendrive or micro SD card with unpacked Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or with ISO file.
- Mount your ISO file (double click) you will see a new virtual CD drive, or only run setup.exe if you unpacked the ISO file before.
- Install Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Clean old Windows files (it will save up to 9GB of space): please read my other topic: here
- Done, you have Windows 10 Anniversary Update and 19-20GB free space.
My WiFi keeps disconnecting or doesn't work.
- If you have a problem with your wifi card, go to: Device Manager -> Network adapters
- "Update" the driver for Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter
- Manually downgrade the driver to version 3008.18.831.2015 (dated 08.10.2015) - driver is included with the operating system, but a newer version 3008.30.xxx.2016 might be installed on your system.
- Download the driver for Windows 8.1 and 10: RTLWlanS_WindowsDriver_3008.25.1216.2015.zip
- If you're using Intel Remote Keyboard, you can download the latest version: here
- To upgrade to Windows 10 for free after July 29 - visit this website.
- How to do a clean install of Windows 10 Redstone 1 on MeeGoPad - visit this website.