I changed some settings in the BIOS and I bricked my T07 (won't POST). I tried to remove the battery but it doesn't help
My advice: do not change the settings in the old BIOS!
I paid a total of £7.28 to unbrick my MeeGoPad T07, so it is 3 times less than EZP_XPro Programmer (£21) supported 1.8V.
What you need:
USB CH341A Programmer "Black" (£2.14): eBay
Adapter for 1.8V SPI Flash Memory (£3.35): eBay
SOIC8 Clip (£1.79): eBay
- Take out MeegoPad out of its casing.
- Unplug the small blower fan and WiFi antenna.
- Remove the battery (or not).
- Remove the metal cover from the back of your MeeGoPad to get access to the BIOS chip.
- Assemble the SPIC8 Test Clips with the socket adapter and plug into the USB CH341A Programmer.
Driver and Software:
- Download the new BIOS for your MeeGoPad Bay-Trail or Cherry-Trail device.
- Download and install the CH341A Windows Driver: here (all drivers available: here)
- Download, unpack and run the CH341A Programmer v1.29: here
Flashing the new BIOS (I use Windows 10 Pro x64):
Connect the USB CH341A Programmer to your PC.
You will see the device status in the right bottom corner - MUST BE CONNECTED!
- Select: Type: 25\26 SPI FLASH, Manu: GIGADEVICE, Name: GD25Q64 (then press the Detect Button).
- Click the Read Button to read your current BIOS.
- Click the Save Button to make a backup of your current BIOS.
- Click the Erase Button to erase the old BIOS.
- Click the Open Button to load the new MeeGoPad BIOS file (for example Rom_8MB_Tablet.bin)
- Click the Write Button to write the new BIOS.
- Click the Verify Button to verify the new BIOS.
- Put your MeeGoPad device back to its casing and run.