After starting on Sunday, I finally have Win 10, build 10586.122 up and running on my T01.
I failed using the upgrade option in Win8.1, failed using the windows media creation tool, was able to update using the Win10 image posted on this site, but the first attempt failed when updating using Windows update. It would boot, but go to 100% disk utilization and require a hard reboot.
Before it would crash post update, I noticed that the ‘antimalware service executable’ was running at high utilization. Booting into safe mode worked - safe mode disables the intel graphics driver and the ‘antimalware service executable’ service was not running.
I made one final attempt at starting fresh with the image, then before I updated using Windows update, I disabled windows defender and used the Intel Driver update utility (2.4) to update to the latest version of HD graphics. I started the update before leaving work last night and was super happy to see a working T01 this morning.
It took a few cycles of chatting with Microsoft to recover my license key, but the activation after updating to the latest build was successful (it would not activate using the same key with the initial image install, but worked fine after update).
I have not used it much yet, but performance is good so far. Less laggy than using win 8.1 so far, but will have to see how that hold up. My success feels somewhat random, but possibly this might help someone.
Keep in mind if might take a few tries to get this to work, but it is possible.